The Henley Forklift Training Centre was established in 1999 to provide Certified Operator Training in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 (No 10 of 2005). Courses are operated by a team of I.T.S.S.A.R and I.I.P.M.M registered Drivers.
Henley Forklift Group Approved Training Programs and Trainers are placed on the FAS/EI National Register of Trainers Reg: 901378
Fact: 90% of forklift operators are unaware of the basic lifting capacity of their forklift trucks.
Fact: Each year an increasing number of people are injured or lose their lives unnecessarily due to accidents that should not have happened.
Why driver training?
- To comply with Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 (No 10 of 2005)
- To prevent accidents by the habitual use of safe working methods
- Reduces damage to goods by up to 30%
- Improves skill and technique of drivers
Training is available on the following range of Materials Handling Equipment:
- Counterbalance Forklifts
- Reach Trucks
- Reach Stackers
- Warehouse Equipment
- Manual Handling Certification
- 1 Day re-certification courses
- 2 Day experienced operator courses
- 2 Day conversion course
- 5 Day novice operator course
All courses can be revised to suit customer needs. Courses can take place at our driver training schools located around the country or in-house.
Successful candidates are issued with Forklift Operator Licences and Certificates
MANUAL HANDLING COURSES NOW AVAILABLE
Under the Health and Safety at work act:
It is the duty of an employer to ensure no employee is put at risk while manually handling a load. Under the act it is a requirement that employees are trained in how to safely handle loads without mechanical assistance.
Upon completing this course the attendee will be able to:
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
Who should attend:
Anyone who is required to transport or support a load in the course of their day to day duties. This includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load which involves risks.
Duration: 4 Hours - Participation: Maximum of 10